The California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010 requires retail sellers that do business in California to disclose their efforts to eradicate slavery and human trafficking in their supply chains. Item Beauty, LLC denounces human trafficking, forced labor and child labor at any level, and we are committed to ensuring that the manufacturers and suppliers that work directly with Item Beauty meet our standards. Item Beauty is committed to conducting business in a legal, ethical and responsible manner and expects the same from its manufacturers, vendors and suppliers.
- Item Beauty requires that its manufacturers, vendors and suppliers comply with all U.S. and foreign laws, rules, and regulations that pertain to human trafficking, forced labor and child labor.
- Item Beauty reserves the right under its manufacturing and service agreements to audit the facilities of its vendors that are used in the manufacturing, receiving, storing, handling, packaging and shipping of products ordered by Item Beauty. Audits allow Item Beauty to assure compliance with applicable laws and regulations at these facilities.
- Item Beauty employees and representatives audit each manufacturing facility before engaging them to work with Item Beauty. Item Beauty frequently audits and inspects each facility for continuing compliance with applicable laws and may engage third party auditors to inspect any manufacturers we suspect or determine to be in significant risk of violating our requirements.
- Item Beauty requires its manufacturers, vendors and brand partners to warrant that any products sent to Item Beauty were made in compliance with all applicable laws, including laws prohibiting child labor, forced labor and unsafe working conditions.
- Item Beauty maintains internal accountability standards and internal reporting procedures for employees to report any employee or contractor who fails to meet our standards, including but not limited to labor code violations and prohibitions against forced labor, child labor, and human trafficking.
- Item Beauty does not at this time provide company employees and management with specific training on human trafficking and slavery, however, Item Beauty conducts a mandatory training annually that covers ethics and the treatment of employees and contractors with dignity and respect.