- A. Information We Collect or Receive From You
- B. What We Do with Your Information
- C. Managing the Information You Share with Us
- D. Protecting Your Information
- E. Children’s Privacy
- F. Notice to California Residents
- G. Data Retention
A. INFORMATION WE COLLECT OR RECEIVE FROM YOU
We collect information from you on this Site to provide a meaningful, safe, efficient, and customized experience. We use this information to:
- make it easier for you to use this Site,
- communicate with you about your orders, billing and payment,
- verify your identity when you make a purchase on our Site,
- help you more quickly find information on ITEM Beauty's products and services,
- provide targeted online marketing for the Site,
- create content on this Site that's more relevant to you, and
- alert you to new products, services and special offers that might specifically interest you.
- Information You Provide.
- When You Create an Account. When you create an account you must choose a username and password. Your username may be visible to other visitors to the Site, so please choose carefully. You also must provide a valid email address. We use your email to communicate with you about our Site and your registration.
When You Order from Us. If you order products from the Site , your name, shipping address, and email address will be shared with our third-party service providers for billing purposes, to fulfill your orders, and to communicate with you about your orders.
We collect your credit card information through our Site using the Shopify platform. Shopify is PCI DSS Level 1 compliance, which is highest level of compliance available for credit card processing. No credit card information is retained in ITEM Beauty's own systems. Your credit card information is not exposed anywhere in our own systems or to our employees. Please do not send your credit card information to our team directly, for example by sending this information to a customer care representative. Please only use our secure, online system to enter your credit card information.
- When You Request Information from Us. If you want us to notify you regarding particular products or special offers, or if you sign up for our emails, you'll need to give us your email address. We use it to honor your requests, whether that's emailing you information about certain products or emailing you to tell you about special offers. You may choose to opt out of receiving these type of marketing messages at any time.
When You Post Product Reviews. We use this content to share your experience about our products with other customers.
Public information you post on the Site. Information you post publicly on our Site is intended for public consumption. Please be aware that your username and profile image will be publicly displayed whenever you post a comment or review. In addition, postings you make on our Site may appear when Internet users execute searches on the subject of your posting. If you do not want this information to be displayed, you may terminate your account at any time. Please note that if you are a minor, living in California, you should not be using the Site without permission from your parent or guardian, however, if you have posted information publicly that you cannot remove yourself, you have the right to request it be hidden from public view. If you wish to have this information removed, please email us at email@example.com and request removal. We may request additional information from you in order to complete your request.
Site visitors may be able to identify you or associate you with your ITEM Beauty account if you include personal information in your account profile or in any content you post. We cannot control who reads your postings or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so we encourage you to exercise discretion and caution with respect to your personal information.
You can reduce the risk of being personally identified by choosing a username and profile image that do not identify you and by taking care to exclude any personal information in your comments, reviews, looks, or videos. You can change your username and profile picture at any time by logging into your account.
Public information you post on other sites. We also may collect information you post publicly on third-party sites, but only if you choose to follow instructions we provide. For example, we may collect pictures you post publicly on Instagram and re-post them on our Site, but only if you choose to use the hash tag "#ITEMBEAUTY" inside your Instagram post. You can always have us remove the information from our Site by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When You Connect to Us with a Third-Party Service. You can connect to your ITEM Beauty account using external third-party services. The Site collects personal information about you from your social media accounts, but only if you opt-in and permit us to do so. When you connect to us through a third-party service like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram, we receive information from that third party identifying your account. We collect and store this information and use it to help you connect to our Site and to share your public content. Connecting your ITEM Beauty account to a third-party service is completely optional, and you will have the opportunity to grant permission when you attempt to connect. You can revoke permission by logging into the third-party service and disconnecting the ITEM Beauty application from there, and through the native applications on your smart phone. We may retain the information we collected previously from you.
- Information We Automatically Collect or Receive.
- Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser or device when you visit the Site. This information includes your IP address, device ID, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us, and the referring site address. This information also includes your operating system or application, your location, and your activities voluntarily have submitted to us (for example, your email address).
- Other Information We Receive About You.
B. WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION
Information we collect from you may be either personal or aggregate. Personal information is identifiable to you, like your name, email address, shipping and billing addresses, credit card information, and phone number. Aggregate information is summary data of the behaviors and interests of groups or categories, so it won't identify you.
- Aggregate Information. We use aggregate information for the purposes of internal business research, sales and business development. We may share aggregated information about our visitor and user base with third parties such as our advertising partners. This information may include the number of daily visitors to our Site and the number of orders placed on a certain date. We do not link aggregated data with our customers' personal information.
- Personal Information. Except for ITEM Beauty parent and affiliated companies, we do not sell, rent, trade, license, or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties, except in these limited circumstances:
- Disclosures to ITEM Beauty Agents, Consultants and Related Third Parties. Like most Internet retailers, we use third parties to help ensure our business runs smoothly. We disclose your information to these third-party companies so they can perform their specific functions for us. For example, we may provide your name, shipping address, email and phone number to third-party shippers like the U.S. Postal Service and the United Parcel Service to deliver our products to you. Your credit card information is processed through Shopify to help us process your orders from us. ITEM Beauty's third-party vendors may recognize a tracking code used by your browser or application to enable you to receive customized content, or to enable you to use other technologies such as tags and scripts. The tracking code may reflect de-identified demographic or other data linked to you. When we employ other companies to perform functions of this nature, we only disclose the information that they need to perform their requested function. We do not authorize them to retain, share, store, or use personal information provided by us for any other purpose.
- Disclosures Required by Law or Otherwise. We may disclose your personal information if we believe, in good faith, that it's necessary to: (1) comply with a legal obligation such as in response to a court order or subpoena; (2) protect the safety of other customers or the public; (3) protect against legal liability; or (4) protect and defend ITEM Beauty's rights or property.
- Disclosures through Social Media. Remember that you control the privacy settings on each of your social media platforms. We allow you to share information from the Site to social media. In order for this to happen you first must opt-in. You can revoke permission to do this by logging into the social media service and disconnecting the ITEM Beauty application from there.
- Third-Party Marketing. We may share information about you with our marketing partners or Affiliated companies to deliver offers of products and services that may be of interest to you. Marketing partners are third-party companies that we employ from time to time to assist us with our marketing and advertising efforts. Affiliated companies are companies that are related to Item Beauty such as the Madeby Collective brands or our parent company.
C. MANAGING THE INFORMATION YOU SHARE WITH US
- Log Into Your Account. You can change the personal information you provide to us by logging into your ITEM Beauty account and making the appropriate changes.
- Opt-Out. You can always "opt-out" of receiving marketing or promotion communications. At your request, we will stop sending you certain emails or even deactivate your account to prevent any future purchases through it. You can submit these requests at any time by contacting email@example.com.
- Do Not Sell. Except for its parent and affiliated companies, ITEM Beauty does not sell or share your information to third parties unless it is necessary to complete a transaction at Your request. You may, however, opt out of further sharing your information with our third-party providers by requesting that we delete your data. By deleting your data, we will no longer have any information about you, including your order history or any contact you may have had with our customer care team. In order to opt out of sharing your information or to delete your data, Click here. with the subject “Account Deletion Request”.
- Block Cookies and Targeted Advertising. You can prevent ITEM Beauty and its third-party partners from setting and accessing cookies on your computer by setting your Internet browser to block cookies.
- Deleting Your Account. You can cancel or delete your account anytime by logging into your account and following the steps to delete your account. Please note that by deleting your account, we will no longer have any information about you, including your order history or any contact you may have had with our customer care team. If You need help with deleting your ITEM Beauty account, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
ITEM BEAUTY DOES NOT SELL OR SHARE YOUR INFORMATION UNLESS IT IS NECESSARY TO COMPLETE A TRANSACTION AT YOUR REQUEST. SEE THE SECTION ENTITLED “INFORMATION WE COLLECT OR RECEIVE FROM YOU” FOR MORE INFORMATION REGARDING THIS.
D. PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
At ITEM Beauty, we take data security seriously. We use industry standard technical, physical and administrative safeguards to secure our customers’ data. We restrict access to your personal information to only those ITEM Beauty employees who need it to perform a specific job function. And we require all ITEM Beauty employees with access to your personal information to follow specific security protocols concerning its proper handling. We also hold our vendors who need access to your personal information to strict confidentiality and security requirements. Third-party service providers assist us with the physical security of some of our computer hardware.
But please remember, while we use industry-standard security measures to safeguard your personal information, we can't guarantee absolute security. We wish we could, but 100% security just doesn't exist anywhere online or off. We recommend that you do your part by keeping your passwords secure, changing them often and not using the same password across multiple accounts.
E. CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
F. NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS –YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
We share personal information with others outside of ITEM Beauty, such as third-party shipping companies, so that they may fulfill orders for product you may purchase from the Site. Please see What We Do With Your Information.
1. Shine the Light Law
2. California Consumer Privacy Act
(i) California Consumers’ Rights and Choices
If you are a California resident, California law permits you to request Information regarding the:
- Categories of Personal Information (as defined by applicable California law) collected, sold or disclosed by us;
- Purposes for which categories of Personal Information collected by us are used;
- Sources of information from which we collect Personal Information; and Specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you
- In addition, if you are a California resident you may:
- Opt-out of the sale or disclosure of your Personal Information, in some circumstances;
- Opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us; however, you may still receive administrative or transactional communications regarding the Services;
- Opt-in to certain financial incentive programs we may offer related to the collection, sale, or deletion of your Personal Information; and
- Request deletion of your Personal Information by us and our service providers, in some circumstances.
Collection and Disclosure of Personal Information from California Residents
The table below outlines how we handle personal information from California residents.
|Personal Information collected|
|How we collect personal information||Please see Information We Collect or Receive From You.|
|Categories of personal information we’ve collected in the past 12 months||Identifiers, Personal Characteristics, Internet/Electronic Activity|
|Categories of personal information we sell||We do not sell personal information to third parties.|
|Categories of personal information we otherwise share||Identifiers|
- Access My Personal Information: Request for Data;
- Delete My Personal Information: Data Deletion Request;
- Do Not Sell My Personal Information: Do Not Sell
You may also make those requests by calling (855) 660-9966.
Please be aware that we do not accept or process requests through other means (e.g., via fax, social media, email addresses, etc.).
We will review the information provided and may request additional information to ensure we are interacting with the correct individual. Please also be aware that making any such request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal or deletion of Personal Information or content you may have posted, and there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow us to fulfill your request.
G. DATA RETENTION
Created: August 1, 2020
Revised: September 21, 2020